The Field Museum-Chicago Daily News Abyssinian Expedition (present-day Ethiopia) launched in September 1926, with the aim of collecting a variety of mammals, birds, and other vertebrates for The Field Museum's zoological collections. Further descriptions of the expedition and the role of Louis Agassiz Fuertes can be discovered via Field Museum publications, which are linked to below, are all freely available online via our partnership with the Biodiversity Heritage Library (BHL):
1926-1927 The Field Museum-Chicago Daily News Abyssinian Expedition:
- Annual Report of the Director to the Board of Trustees of 1926: 73-74.
- Annual Report of the Director to the Board of Trustees of 1927: 186, 226-229.
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1926-1927. "Field Journal of Alfred M. Bailey: The Field Museum-Chicago Daily News Abyssinian Expedition 1926-1927."
- Bailey, Alfred M. 1977. "With Louis Fuertes in Abyssinia." The Living Bird, Annual of the Laboratory of Ornithology at Cornell University 16: 103-122.
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz. 1930. "Album of Abyssinian Birds and Mammals." Chicago: Field Museum.
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz and Wilfred Hudson Osgood. 1936. "Artist and Naturalist in Ethiopia." Garden City, New York: Doubleday, Doran and Company, Inc.
- Osgood, Dr. Wilfred H. n.d. "Mysterious Abyssinia." Affiliated Bureaus.